Ease of Buy - Legal verification, Documentation and Registration assistance for property buyers!
Buying a property anywhere in India, from a layman's perspective is a challenge whether it be Land, House, Commercial Property or Apartments. Property laws in India are governed by a complex set of laws which are mainly Code of Civil Procedure, Specific Performance Act, Contract Act and the personal laws of the parties involved in such property disputes. It is also shaped by the local laws which govern the sale purchase and transfer of the property in that particular area.
When you put in your hard earned money and sometimes life savings and invest into something it is better to be on guard. Before any real estate checking on the title of the property is the most critical element. Land records may date back to a few decades and it is best left to professionals to trace back and ensure that the seller(s) is the undisputed owner before the transaction is undertaken. Then comes the transaction which may involve huge sums of money, legal documentation of the same, registration of the title in your name and obtaining the documents ensuring ownership. All this needs to be done within a specified time frame. These are beyond most buyers since it requires a good amount of running around with multiple middle-men. Don't you wish someone made that easy for you?
Keralaproperty.com launches 'Ease of Buy', a value added service which would hand hold you through the property buying process. We assist you, provide you with the right advice and ensure a trouble free transaction.
- What all are the activities offered under 'Ease of Buy'?
- At what stage does one register for the 'Ease of Buy' service?
- What are the charges for the 'Ease of Buy' service?
- What is the geography covered?
- What other activities are offered under 'Ease of Buy' sevice?
What all are the activities offered under 'Ease of Buy'?
Broadly any property transaction comprises the following activities
Land Survey - Prior to Land Registration, the first thing that you are advised to do is to approach a licensed land surveyor. The surveyor can take the exact measurement of the property including its borders. Also, it is advisable to contact Survey department to obtain a sketch of the property.
- Title Check - As per the real estate laws in India, it is essential to have original title deed. The complications that could arise in case of a disputed title is best left unsaid. The possibility of that is quite high in India. Seller having loan on the property or selling the same land to multiple buyers are all pretty common. Only a thorough legal check can ensure a 'Clear Title'.
- Documentation – We provide all the services related to documentation, drafting, vetting, registration of Sale deeds, agreement to sell, general power of attorney, special power of attorney, transfer of property, lease, license, sale deed, gift, relinquishment etc.
Registration – This is done at the concerned Sub-Registrar's of office where the transfer of title is recorded. The Sub-Registrar's office verifies all records and if convinced does the transfer and issues the Khata in favour of the buyer.
All the above are specialist activities and best left to professionals.
At what stage does one register for the 'Ease of Buy' service?
Once you have identified a property to buy you may register for the "Ease of Buy'. Our team comprising of Surveyors, Lawyers, registration experts will take over from there and provide you with the right advise and feedback.
What are the charges for the 'Ease of Buy' service?
There is a registration charge of Rs.2000 for the service. This is non-refundable and is applicable per property. In addition the Buyer pays the 'Ease of Buy' fees which are the professional charges. This depends on the scope of activity as desired by the buy. It could vary from .25% to 1% of the transaction value. Statutory charges would be extra. The fee assessment and payments are to be made by the buyer in advance.
What is the geography covered?
Any type of property anywhere is Kerala is covered under this service.
What other activities are offered under 'Ease of Buy' sevice?
Escrow Services - With all requisite legal formalities 'Ease of Buy' provides Escrow services for deposits documents that can be put in escrow include a deed, a mortgage, a promise to pay money, a bond, a check, a license, a patent, or a contract for the sale of real property including the deposit of money. This means we act as a neutral party who will keep the safe custody of documents till all parties have fulfilled their side of the transaction.
- Property disputes: Launching and defending all kinds of property disputes before courts, tribunals and all kinds of forums. Most suitable litigation services in India pertaining to the property disputes of all types. Our team of attorneys handle all property disputes with most accurate and effective legal services through their proactive approach which provides the desired results.
- Estate distribution advices-Legal services pertaining to partition and distribution of property, estate, assets amongst the partners, family members, LRs. Drafting and vetting of family settlements and all services related to settlement of the property disputes of all kinds.
- Mortgages- All services related to the negotiation for mortgages, documentation with regard to mortgage, Determination of the nature of mortgage and determination of the terms and conditions of the mortgage are part of this service. Documentation with regard to mortgage, release of mortgage and all the services contained therein.
- Property acquisition advices- Services related to enquiry of the title of the property, due diligence disclosing the legal title, status of the property. Analysis of entire legal documents in relation to the use of the property and compliances of the local laws applicable which provides the most suitable opinion for acquiring any property. Advice on the nature of documentation required for acquiring the property.